Expat & Co covers a world of learning experiences. Our Student Insurance package has been carefully designed with students, au-pairs, trainees, professors and staff members of educational institutions in mind. Whether you’re a European national and are going abroad or whether you are a non-European coming to Europe, we are here to cover your needs.
Buy Student Insurance online
Our Student Insurance can be taken out in a Full Cover package that will reimburse you from the very first € or can work as a Top-Up Plan if you are already studying in one of the following countries: AT, BE, CH, CZ, DE, EE, FR, IL, JP, LI, LU, NL.
Disclaimer: The ‘Student Insurance’ plan is intended solely for educational purposes, e.g. exchange or internship programs. While it is possible to additionally insure a holiday or recreational trip during your time abroad with this plan, it is not possible to use this plan outside of an educational context. In other words: this insurance does not cover leisure travel without an exchange or internship program.
In your insurance package: medical treatment, assistance abroad, accidents, baggage & household furniture (comprehensive version only), non-contractual liability in private life.
Study cancellation, coverage for winter and underwater sports and speleology, or add special clauses to comply with special country/university requirements. Make your policy compliant to AT CH, US and AU University/Authority requirements
Basic version already complies with the minimum requirements for Erasmus+, while Comprehensive version adds extra coverage for winter and water sports, better dental cover, home contents and baggage,...Comprehensive version can be made Austria compliant
Student Insurance is the only Belgian-international policy that meets the very strict guidelines of the EACEA Erasmus program. EACEA Compliant
Thanks to our time and money-saving Chameleon Principle, you get a smart plan that adapts to every country you go to. Proper coverage without paying double.
Our multilingual alarm centre is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether it's a medical emergency or a problem with your housing, our representatives are on hand to offer all the support you need.
This part of Student Insurance covers you for:
- hospitalization costs
- treatment costs
- urgent dental care
- dental care
- dental surgery following an accident
- annual dental check-ups°
- psychological help after trauma
- collective Erasmus policies also cover pregnancies
° comprehensive version only
* includes worsening or sudden attacks of pre-existing, chronic diseases
* comprehensive version also includes winter sports, under water sports and speleology
This module covers you for:
- referral service for doctors / hospitals in host country
- linguistic assistance in case of covered claim
- repatriation or evacuation
- forwarding essential medications
- tracing and rescue
- assistance in case of theft or loss of travel and ID documents
- early return in case of death of a family member
- legal assistance
- and much more...
This bit covers you should you suffer:
- permanent disability due to an accident
- death by accident
* comprehensive version includes winter sports, under water sports and speleology
We've thought of the goods too:
- baggage (including laptops, study books and more)
Household furniture, which includes
- contents of your home and household furniture (incl. photo, film, sound and computer apparatus, jewellery, watches, mobile phones, (sun)glasses, including frame, contact lenses, etc.
And just to make sure you're covered for absolutely any eventuality, we also cover you for:
- physical damages to third parties
- material damages to third parties
- tenant liability **
** not in the US or Canada
If you have to cancel or curtail your stay we can pay back a part of your fixed costs:
- cancellation costs
- course fees
- attendance and registration fees
- pre-paid travel and accommodation costs
- pre-paid rent for housing
- and/or transfer costs when moving housing
Option 2: Under water sport, winter sport and speleology. Diving, skiing or discovering caves during your journey abroad? These activities are already covered in the Comprehensive version, but if you want to add it in the Basic version, you have to take this option 2.
If you have a student loan you can cover this loan with a life insurance to prevent your nearest and dearest will have to pay this back when you would pass away during your study abroad
Some states have special requirements when applying for a study visa. But also some universities in the US have their own requirements. 5only available when requested by the state or university).